I stayed up late last night just to finish this novel. It’s so beautiful! ❤
I was already hooked to this novel even just after reading its prologue and every chapter are too beautiful that you would want to read it continuously and never put it down.
I seriously had no idea that the ending will go that way! I really didn’t expect it. It was amazing. Wow! Just wow!
Maybe some of you would say that what I wrote is kind of exaggerated. Haha! But really, I find the story super amazing! 😀
This novel was published last 2003 that I wondered why it took me so long to download this book and read it. Was I living under the rock all those years?? Lol 😜
Quotable quotes I found from the book. 🙂
1. “What are we, after all, without our memories, without our dreams?”
2. “The experts’ advice on improving a marriage? To focus on the four As—attention, appreciation, affection, and attraction.”
3. “When people ask me what it’s like to be a parent, I say that it’s among the hardest things you’ll ever do, but in exchange, it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love. Everything a baby does strikes a parent as the most magical thing he or she has ever seen.”
4. “But that doesn’t mean you can’t love them anyway. And it doesn’t mean that you should ever stop doing your best to let them know how important they are to you.” Referring to understanding women.
5. “But love, I’ve come to understand, is more than three words mumbled before bedtime. Love is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for each other every day.” ❤
6. “Marriage is about compromise; it’s about doing something for the other person, even when you don’t want to.”
7. “Gifts of the heart can’t be claimed by anyone except the giver.”
8. “It’s funny, but have you ever noticed that the more special something is, the more people seem to take it for granted? It’s like they think it won’t ever change.”
9. “I love you, Jane, and I’m the luckiest man in the world to have you.” Gosh! It’s too sweet. I wish my future husband will find himself lucky too to have me. 😜
10. “I know I can’t change the past, but I can change the future. I can change, too. And I will.”
11. “Experience had taught me that even the most precious memories fade with the passage of time.”
12. “Absence might make the heart grow fonder,”
13. “I learned that it’s possible for two people to fall in love all over again, even when there’s been a lifetime of disappointment between them.” 👍
Have you read the book already? If not yet, you seriously should! 😀
To my very own Wilson Lewis, where are you? I’ll wait for you. 😍❤