Oftentimes, there are a lot of things that I wanted to do but is so scared to try because I might fail. It’s also embarrassing if people would know that I fail at something. Yes, other people’s opinions used to matter to me. I listed below some things I’ve done that I previously thought I could never do. They’re random actually and might just just be “normal” to some. 😀
1. Win a poster making contest. This happened when I was in 6th grade. I represented our school from other 50+ elementary schools for an anti-drug campaign related drawing contest. I bagged the 1st place and my school awarded me for that the next day in front of everyone after the flag ceremony. Aah! Cloud nine. 🙂
2. Live without mom. I was only eight years old when I was left with my grandmother because my mom had to work in a far place. Mom would just go home like twice or thrice a month and everyday without a mother to help you prepare for school and help you with homework and other things is just sad.
3. Survive a boat ride amidst strong waves. It was such a scary time of my life.
My friends and I decided to go to Guimaras Island and we had to ride a pump boat from Iloilo City going there. It was raining yet we had a smooth sail going to the island with not too big waves here and there. But when we were just more or less 300 meters away from the port, the boat’s motor died and there were big waves soaking us. I thought I’ll die there. Haha!
4. Zip lining. I was too scared at first but I did it anyway and it was fun. 😉
5. Cut my hair. I thought long hair suits me best so I had grown it long past my hips. But one day, I finally had the courage to cut it off in an above the shoulder length. I know it’s just hair and it will grow back long eventually but I was so attached to it that I’m scared to cut it off. In the end, people said I looked better with short hair. 😀
6. Attend a fashion show. I so wanted to attend one and see the models walk the runway and be in a building full of models, designers and their collections. Thanks to Lissa and Lesha for giving me that opportunity. 🙂
7. Roller coasters. Just like in zip line, I was too scared to try it for the first time but I’m glad I overcome my fear and rode roller coasters a lot of times. I so love the adrenaline rush I get from riding those. 🙂
8. Running for a Student Council Secretary. This happened when I was in high school. In the end, I lost but I had a great experience from that and gained a lot of friends. 🙂
9. Feasibility Study. Ugh! For me, this is the worst part of my university life – the making of our Feasibility Study. I had a lot of sleepless nights, and cried a lot because of frustration and anger. I was the group leader and of course expected to do most of the tasks. I almost, ALMOST gave up. Good thing, family is so supportive. In the end, my group got 1.25 (that’s 91%-95%).
10. Finish college. After transferring to different schools and shifting to different majors and the making of feasibility study…ugh! Thank God I graduated already.
11. Hug a crocodile. Haha!
I know I’ve yet to do some other crazy things, adventures and other achievements and experiences in life but I’m hoping I’ll get to do them all successfully. Or I might fail but I hope I’ll get to gain knowledge from them where I could use in the future. Hoping that traveling alone abroad will be added in this list soon or skydiving or eat fried frog’s leg. Haha!