We’re now on the second month of 2018! The month I’ve been waiting for because I’ll be meeting Andy again after a year. I know right? This LDR thing is so crazy. 😀 Anyway, I thought of making a review how my January 2018 went.
I’d say January has been a stressful month for me. Of course, there were good times too but this month really gave me a lot of headaches. Here’s how:
- Visa Denied. For the second time, I got denied of the Canadian Visa. This broke my heart as I wanted to visit Andy in his home and also I wanted to experience winter and snow. Though compared to my first application, I only received one reason why I got denied (4 reasons on my first application) this time. Even though I still got denied, I’d say I’m improving in meeting their requirements. Haha!
- Since I got denied the Canadian Visa, I had to change the location on my Authority to Travel Abroad document (a document that government employees should have before travelling abroad). It took me a month to receive my ATT because there were a lot of processes to do and because I had to have it changed, I’ll have to wait another month for it to arrive again. As of writing, I still don’t have it. It makes me anxious because I need to have it before my flight which is on February 15th.
- Andy and I will meet in Taiwan instead. I suck in planning so the whole time we’re planning on what to do and where to go, it gives me headaches. Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited for our vacation! I’m so looking forward to it.
I’m happy I got this job and I love working in a school. Never have I thought of resigning. There are just days, though, that the tasks are too much already. I’m serving both students and teachers with their documents needs and there are days when I don’t know what to do first. Not really complaining, I know I can handle all these. I’ve been here for 9 months after all. Just want to vent. 😀
For January, I have read 2 books.
- One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus – I’m a sucker for thrillers and mysteries so I really enjoyed reading this book. I rated this 5 stars on Goodreads.
- Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley – I like the love story of Rachel and Henry. I also like that the characters love books too. 🙂
I was able to watch 8 movies:
- Coco – this is such a great movie! Cried at the ending too.
- The Revenger Squad – a local movie that my niece and I enjoyed watching. A movie that will make you laugh a lot!
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children – I enjoyed this movie a lot! Friends tell me that I’d get disappointed with the movie if I read the book first so I’m glad I haven’t (and I don’t have a plan) read the book yet. 😀
- No Escape – this movie is awesome! I had to pause multiple times when the scenes get so scary and intense. I’m happy for the happy ending, though.
- The Island – got boring at first but I’m glad I finished this. Loved the concept of the movie and Scarlett Johansson. 🙂
- Passengers – this movie made it to my list of favorite movies! Will definitely recommend this movie to everyone. *SPOILER ALERT!* I actually hoped they’d have a baby and they’d wake up the midwife. But tsk. They didn’t. Hehe. I signed up to IMDb just to give them 10 stars. 😀
- Pandora – sigh. This Korean movie is so heartbreaking. Watched it twice and it still made me cry. Jae-Hyeok is so brave to sacrifice his own life.
- Sing – my niece and nephew love this so much so I got intrigued and decided to watch it too. No disappointments and regrets at all because this movie is awesome!!
I’m thrilled to experience all these for the first time:
- My first time to listen to Aileen of The Lavender Lifestyle podcasts. She’s one of my favorite YouTube content creator and she’s so inspiring! You all will love her videos and blog too. 🙂
- Tried samgyeopsal for the first time! Marnie, my friend whom I haven’t met for almost a year, took me to Samgyupsalamat (near DLSU) to try this famous Korean BBQ. They serve 9 kinds of meat but we were only able to try 3 (because we’re so full already!) so I’d be back for sure again.
- I tried overnight oats for the first time! I was able to make 3 different recipes already but my favorite would be banana + honey. So healthy and so yummy!
3 Most Important Things I Learned
- “Life doesn’t always happen in the order that we want.” Cath Crowley, Words in Deep Blue. With what happened with my Canada visa, as much as I want to go there, if it’s not yet the right time then I accept it.
- I learned to be thankful for my job. Even though it gets crazy most of the times, I’m grateful that I have this job to support myself and my other needs. Also, it’s been a dream to work for the government ever since I passed the Civil Service Exam.
- Lastly, I learned to trust the doctors. I’m always hesitant to go to the clinic because I know I’d spend a lot of money. When I had this wound that I’ve been self-treating for over a month and nothing’s happening, I decided to finally go see a doctor. He prescribed me ointments and medicines that are a little pricey but I still bought them to give a try. After two days, the wound healed I almost thought it’s magic! I’m so happy! But since this wound has been over a month, it left me a scar which I hope will fade soon.
So that’s how my January went . How did yours went? What’s the best happened to you last month? 🙂 Thank you for reading.