Last Saturday, August 18th, Happy Skin launched their newest all-new diffusion cosmetics line called Generation Happy Skin with Kathryn Bernardo. Kathryn who is an actress, author and entrepreneur now added a new title to her growing list of achievements: makeup collaborator. It has always been a dream for her to be hands-on with creating a makeup line. She shared that ever since, she has liked the quality of Happy Skin’s makeup and that it’s very important for her that she believes in the brand she’s collaborating with. Happy Skin was the perfect avenue for her to express her belief that simple can be beautiful.
I got excited receiving an invite to witness this launch as I, myself, is also a fan of Happy Skin, the pioneer of skin-caring makeup. Generation Happy Skin speaks to a new breed of women who believe that good skin is a priority and who are after effortless, everyday makeup. It took them two years to materialize and was developed specifically to reflect Kathryn’s personality: it’s authentic, ace and accessible.
Authentic and Confident
The six-piece Generation Happy Skin collection showcases more dressed-down packaging in pastel color palette and having straightforward product names – like Freedom, Courage, and Love – to inspire others to stay true to who they are. Kathryn explains that she like being simple. She likes doing makeup but don;t like changing her face. She said she wants her fans to learn how to also feel and look beautiful without looking too made up.
Ace in Quality
For Kathryn, every makeup product should be influenced by her personal beauty routine – products that she would be proud to use and even recommend herself.It wasn’t enough for her to create formulas and packaging that just work – they had to work well.That’s why Generation Happy Skin, like all of Happy Skin’s products, are created only in beauty capitals like Korea and Taiwan. Based on Kathryn’s direction, Generation Happy Skin included a natural-finish powder foundation, a long-lasting matte lipstick, a highly-pigmented lip & cheek tint, a super blendable powder blush, a volumizing, no-clump mascara, and a universal, easy-to-use brow liner.
Accessible to Everyone
A proud morena, Kathryn wanted every shade in Generation Happy Skin to flatter a wide range of skin tones. Another essential for her: that the products had accessible price points, so that as many of her fans can get their hands on the new line. After securing ace formulas, both Kathryn and Happy Skin worked hard to make sure that not a single product in Generation Happy Skin would be priced above P499.
Meet Kathryn’s Happy Skin
- Stay Fresh Weightless Pressed Powder in Light Beige, Medium Beige & Natural Beige (P499) – Covers up imperfections, while maintaining a natural finish. Kathryn personally wears the Medium Beige shade.
- My Lips But Better Ultra Matte Lippie in Authenticity, Courage, Moxie, Spunk & Wonder (P399) – Lasts for long, hydrates for long. Kathryn’s favorite shade is the peachy Spunk.
- Kiss & Bloom Water Lip & Cheek Tint in Dainty, Fearless, Prim & Serene (P299) – Highly pigmented with a natural watercolor finish. In all her shoots, Kathryn applies her own lip tint. Her rule? A little goes a long way and always make sure to blend for a natural finish.
- Instant Glow Longwear Powder Blush in Freedom and Love (P399) – Gives a blendable, radiant-looking flush. Kathryn fell in love with and approved the very first samples of both blushes.
- Extra Drama Volumizing Mascara (P499) – For dramatic, yet natural-looking lashes. Mascara is the one makeup product Kathryn can’t live without. It was only after three sample passes that she gave the go signal to produce her dream formula.
- Perfect Brows Long-Lasting Liquid Pen (P399) – Comes in a universal brown color and has a sweat-proof formula. This one’s key to achieving Kathryn’s trademark brow look.
Happy Skin stores are located at U/G Alabang Town Center, 2/F Glorietta 3, 2/F Greenbelt 5, 2/F Power Plant Mall, 2/F SM Aura Premier, 2/F Mega Fashion Hall, 2/F Robinsons Magnolia, 1/F Ayala Malls The 30th, 1/F UP Town Center, 1/F Trinoma, U/G SM North EDSA, 1/F SM City Clark, G/F SM City Marilao, and U/G SM City Cebu.
Instagram: @happyskin_ph (#KathXHappySkin)